Live 2 Serve Fun Facts:
- Originally, Live 2 Serve was something its current leaders did in their free time to give back to their community. They did not intend for it to become an official organization or grow so large. The plan was to complete one summer in 2011, but God had bigger plans.
- The founder of Live 2 Serve started the program at just 19 years old. Today, our program strives to stress that just because you are young, it does not mean you cannot make the world a better place.
- Jacob intended for the Live 2 Serve logo to look very different, however, a friend designed the original logo before they were able to change it, it became recognizable to the children on the streets of Old South Baton Rouge and remains as the official logo today.
- Live 2 Play originally did not have bible study, because the volunteers wanted to build relationships with the kids before sharing their faith with them.
- All of Live 2 Serve's successful outreaches were not planned, instead they happened by the will of God.
- The phrase "You'll Never Walk Alone" is used by The Liverpool's Football Club, which is Jacob's favorite team. There was a poster with the phrase in his office, and a friend suggested that it would make a perfect motto for Live 2 Serve. The phrase was put on a t-shirt, and the kids and volunteers loved it. It then became the official motto of Live 2 Serve.